logo

(4.5.2022) Derzeit bieten Betrüger, die sich als Anwalt ausgeben, Anwälten in Deutschland per Fax (Nummer 001 216 6755460) ein vermeintlich gutes Geschäft an: Ein großes Erbe in Kanada, dessen Erblasser zufällig denselben Nachnamen wie ich hat, kann sich nicht einem Erben zuordnen lassen. Sollte ich mich als vermeintlicher Erbe ausgeben gegenüber einer Versicherung, bietet mir der vermeintliche kanadische Anwalt dafür die Hälfte des millionenschweren Erbes an. Wer darauf eingeht, wird üblicherweise im Verlauf des Prozesses der Erbschaftsübersendung gebeten, kleinere "Gebühren" für die Durchführung des Geldtransfers zu bezahlen etc. Geld erhält der Betroffene natürlich nie aus Kanada, denn das Ganze ist nur ein Betrugsversuch. 

Gier macht blind und anfällig für BetrügerErstaunlich, dass es immer noch Menschen gibt, die auf solche Betrugsmaschen hereinfallen. 

Hier das Fax im Originaltext:

COOPPERLLP
Barrister & solicitors
NOTARY PUBLlC

41 Yonge Street, Suite 408 Toronto, Ontario,
M2P 2B5 CANADA Tel: +1 (416) 628 3239
E·mail: info @cooperlawllp.com Website: www.cooperlawllp.com

REF: COOPILLPGI220502

Dear Philip Christmann

My Name is Edward Ccoper: I arn a partner at COOPPER LLP, 41 Toronto Canada. My Apologies if my letter came to you as a surprise, since Ihere has been no previous correspondenee between us.

There is an unelaimed "permanent lile insuranee poliey" held by our deeeased elien!. The transaction pertains to an unclaimed "Payable on Death" ("POD") savings monetary deposit in the SLII 01 Eleven Million, Five Hundred & Fifty Thousand, and Three Hundred Uniled States Dollars ($11,550,300.00). The poliey holder was one 01 our elienls, late Dr. Marcus Christmann , who was a Real Estale Inveslor and preeious slone dealer. He was a Covid-19 Vielim, who died aboul2 years ago. Sinee His death no one has come forward fm the claim and all our efforts 10 loeale his relatives have proved unsuecesslul, The Insurance eornpany code slipulales that "It~sured PerrnaMnt Polieies" nol elairned rnusl be turned over 10 the abandoned properly division of the state after 2-3 years. Therelore, I ask lor your oonsent to be in parlnership wilh me lor the olaim ollhis polioy benelil, in view 01 Ihe striking sirnilarily in same lasl name Md Mtionality with the deceased. II you permit rne 10 add your 11ame 10 the policy, all proceeds will be processed on your behalf. I wish 10 point out thaI I want 10% of thi money to be shared among charily organizalions while Ihe remaining 90% will be shared between us, This is 100% risk free: I do have all11eoessary docurnel1tation to expedile the process il~ a highly professional and confidential manner. I will provide all the relevant documenls to substantiale your claim as the benelieiary. This claim requires a high level 01 eonlidentiality and it may take up to thirty (30) business days, lrom the date 01 reoeipt 01 your oonsenl. For more details pie ase contact me via: EDCOOPERJD @GMAIL.COM CC EDWARD @EDWARDSCOOPER.COM

Your earliest response to this matter would be highly appreciated.

Edward Cooper
Partner